Confidence is one of the sexiest things about a woman. It shows that she has other character traits that men love — the ability to stand up for herself, empowerment, good looks, and sassiness. Not only that, but confident women embrace their assertiveness over their own se*uality — and they know what they want.
Confidence is knowing that you’re worth a lot and that you have value to add. It’s a deep feeling of certainty about who you are and what you stand for.
But dating, especially after a divorce or break-up, can leave women with their confidence shaken to the core. Sometimes being confident is easier said than done.
Here are some tips for being confident while dating.
1. Remember, comfortable is not the same as confident. To be empowered, you must get in touch with your innermost self and learn to feel certain about who you are and what you stand for. This can pull you squarely out of the “I guess he’s good enough” rut and into a relationship you deserve.
2. Start small. The more confidence you have in a single area of your life (For example: I am excellent at snowboarding), the more it will seep into other areas of your life. It’s hard to look at the big picture and say, “I WILL be confident in ALL of these things.” So start small, build that confidence.
3. Fake it until you make it. Sometimes, the very act of approaching a great guy, or making eyes at someone, or taking that first step into dating, can create a cascade effect. The more you do it, the easier it’ll become. And the more confident you’ll become about doing it again.
4. Channel your inner diva. If you’re feeling like you’re blowing a first date, think of your favorite diva and how SHE would react. Pretty soon, that inner diva will be you.
5. Smile. There’s very little sexier than a killer smile. It’s your first impression, and it’s likely to last a long time