Well, say what you want but the organizers of probably the biggest reality TV show in Africa – BBA, know exactly what they are doing and i think its high time we "Nigerians" start copying or replicating this business instead of criticizing it.
This report was gotten from Encomium Magazine.
Let me just give you the breakdown and brief: -
The Show is the most watched television reality show and this year’s own was successful by all ratings.
It Kicked off on Sunday, May 26, 2013 and ended on Sunday, August 25, 2013. The Breakdown
- The big Brother House (N10Million Spent)
- Feeding (Feeding 28housemates for 3 months – N10Million Spent)
- Make-Up Artiste and Toiletries (N5Million Spent)
- Performing Artistes (Nigerian Artistes – (N40Million Spent)
- The Crew [50Members] – (N50Million)
- Advertisement and Promo [Television, Radio, Billboards, Print Media, Posters] – (N200Million Spent)
- HOST – I.K Osakioduwa (N10Million)
- Cash Prize – All of theUSD300,000
Dilish Matthew (N45Million)
- Travelling Expenses – (N5Million Spent)
- How Much They Raked In (Airtel Charged N100/SMS), Over 5Million People Voted Per Week for their Favorite housemates.
- 13 Weeks/91Days – Over N7Billion made (Minus SMS by regular fans, minus the subscription you pay before viewing the Channel)
Now that’s real business!!!