Strong vaginal odor can be the result of douching, excessive washing, wearing clothes that are too tight or the wrong kind of panties and certain chemicals in your soaps. This strong
odor can be embarrassing. If you have been having this situation and you are tired of it,
Here are some tips on how to eliminate vaginal odor:
1) Stop using fragrant body washes and soaps. It is best to use a mild soap with warm water. Soaps that are too harsh or have too many chemicals and fragrances can actually make your vagina produce more discharge that gives off that foul and fishy smell.
2) Avoid using douches to clean your vaginal area. Douching can alter the balance of healthy bacteria in your vagina, causing other bacteria to grow and create a foul vaginal odor.
3) Wear cotton underwear, Panty hose and any synthetic material will block some air flow to the area. Loose cotton garments will give your private part more ventilation, which will help get rid of vaginal odor.
4) Wear a panty liner.A thin, scented panty liner can help with odor by absorbing discharge and sweat,some panty liners contain anions. Anions are negative ions that Reduce stress,strengthen immunity,enhance hormonal balance,aids the prevention of bacterial infections. and most of all reduce odor.
5) Eat yogurt. Yogurt that contains live cultures adds probiotics, or good bacteria, into your body.This can work if you have a mild case or a yeast infection that is just starting out.
6) Insert yogurt into your vagina using a clean tampon. If you have really strong odor or a yeast infection that is bothering you, putting the yogurt directly into your vagina works better than consuming it orally. Use only plain unsweetened yogurt when inserting it. Do not use yogurt that contains sugar, as this can make the yeast infection worse. Rinse thoroughly after removing the tampon. For those who do not use tampons, you can use vaginal creams that contain Clotrimazole that helps in treating yeast,candida and gives a clear non smelly discharge.An example of such creams are Mycoten vaginal cream, and tablets.
7) Avoid foods that contain a lot of sugar and yeast. Foods such as bread, beer and mushrooms contain yeast, and the sugar in other foods turns into yeast.These foods can increase the amount of yeast in your vagina, causing a yeast infection.
8) Clean up after urinating.Most of the times,it isn't safe using any kind of tissue, baby wipes are also useful you could get one for as cheap as 300 Naira only.
9) Bath regularly.
10) Eat good fruits and vegetables.